Fans of the EHX Soul Food overdrive and Nano POG octave generator will love the 2-in-1 Electro-Harmonix Soul POG guitar pedal. This box marries the two effects together to save space on your board and unlock new tonal combinations. Combine effects for 12-string psychedelic tones, sputtery octave fuzz, chiptune square wave synthesis, or use them alone in any configuration for the classic drive and octave sounds you love. Dual LEDs let you know at a glance which effects are engaged. The Soul POG’s dry output also lets you send clean and wet signals to different sources – cool for guitar players and keyboardists who want to send a pseudo-bass signal to a bass amp without affecting their tone.
Pedals can be used in either order – the Soul Food before the POG, or the POG before the Soul Food – for new tonal combinations at the flip of a switch. An onboard FX loop even lets you insert other pedals between the POG and Soul Food for a multi-effects box that’s truly as versatile as having two discrete pedals.
The Soul Food is a natural-sounding, uncompressed overdrive with expressive touch dynamics and a wide gain range. Opening up the gain takes the Soul Food from clean boost to rock ‘n’ roll overdrive to alt rock distortion. Simple volume, tone (Treble), and drive controls make this pedal quick to dial in for any instrument.
The POG is a fast-tracking octave generator with separate low and high octave controls for bone-crushing bass and a singing high end. You can blend in your dry signal with the octaves for organ-like chord extensions and synthy leads. The POG’s mode switch lets you cycle between tracking models for either signal-note leads or polyphonic chording.
Electro-Harmonix Soul POG Guitar Pedal Features:
- Combines the Soul Food and Nano POG in one pedal
- Pedals can be used separately or in series
- Powerful routing – re-order pedals or insert other FX between them
- EHX Soul Food delivers expressive, organic overdrive and distortion
- EXH Nano POG adds high and low octaves for synthy leads and subharmonic bass
- Buffered bypasses help fight signal loss through long cable runs
- Dry output sends a separate signal that’s identical to the input – great for driving clean/wet amps
- Includes 9V power supply
- One-year manufacturer warranty