The Alesis MultiMix 4 USB Mixer is a four-channel desktop mixer with a USB digital audio interface built-in. This compact mixer is perfect for using in basic computer-recording setups, video editing and production studios, and portable podcasting setups because it outputs not only line-level analogue audio, but also stereo 16-bit, 44.1 kHz digital audio over USB for low-noise, easy computer connection.
The MultiMix 4 USB mixer has four input channels, all of which can accept a 1/4″ line input. You can plug XLR microphones into channels one and two, including condensers thanks to the mixer’s switchable 48V-phantom power supply. You can also plug a guitar or bass directly into channel one’s switchable high-impedance input.
Channels one and two offer switchable high-pass filtering at 75Hz to eliminate low-frequency rumble, handling and wind noise. Each channel has an independent pan control and channels one and two provide high and low-shelving EQs. Channels one and two have independent gain trims, while channels three and four are configured as a stereo pair at the level and pan controls.
The Alesis MultiMix 4 USB has a two-channel, five-stage, multicolour LED meter for visual monitoring the main output level. A stereo, 1/4″ headphone output has its own level control.
- 4-channel mixer with digital output
- Low-noise digital 16-bit, 44.1 kHz signal on USB for easy computer interface
- Four line-level inputs
- 2 channels of XLR inputs with gains and switchable 48V phantom power
- High-impedance guitar input
- 2 channels of switchable high-pass filtering
- 2-channel EQ on mic inputs
- Multicolour LED metering
- Main and headphone outputs with independent level controls