The GR-S V-Guitar Space Effects Pedal from Roland delivers an array of multi-effects and synth tones including Crystal, Rich Modulation, Slow Pad, and Brilliant Clean sounds. The unit utilizes Roland’s GK technology, independently processing each string of your GK pickup-equipped guitar.
The GR-S offers a Twin Pedal design, and is equipped with flexible mono/stereo I/O for blending the sound of your guitar with the output of the GK pickup, as well as for integration with amps, stompboxes, multi-effects, and other V-Guitar devices.
The GR-S features a 13-pin input for use with a guitar outfitted with a Roland GK-3 Divided Pickup, or any other GK-pickup equipped instrument. Unlike standard monophonic guitar pickups, the Roland GK pickup senses and isolates each individual string, sending them as six discrete signals to a 13-pin jack. When connected to a V-Guitar device like the GR-S pedal, each string can be processed individually, opening up sound possibilities that are impossible with a normal 1/4-inch guitar output.
The Crystal sound delivers shimmering, transparent sounds and icy bell textures, while Rich Modulation provides a spacious multi-channel chorus sound powered by independent GK string processing. Slow Pad offers a warm synth-pad sound with variable attack for full-chord swells that are impossible with a mono input. And with Brilliant Clean, you can add virtual strings to your axe, adjustable from 12 to 18 strings with the COLOR knob.
- Roland’s V-Guitar technology in a Twin Pedal stompbox
- Real-time DSP for latency-free performance
- COLOR and TONE knobs for sound shaping
- Freeze function holds the current sound for lead backing and sound FX
- 13-pin GK input; designed for use with the GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster, GK-3 Divided Pickup, and all GK-equipped guitars
- Flexible connections for integration with amps, pedals, and multi-effects
- Four user memories, with remote selection from GK-equipped guitar