The Lava Me 4 Carbon comes in purple, gold, pink or gray, and measures 36 inches (91.4 cm) in length as standard, through a slightly longer version can be optioned. As with previous models, the sound hole is positioned above the strings on the one-piece AirSonic composite body. Inside is an 8,000-mAh battery that powers an updated speaker and the onboard computer system running the HILava 2.0 operating system for effects, backing tacks, percussion and learning apps accessed by the 3.5-inch touch display to the top.
The system includes dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0, Sharc digital signal processing, a FreeBoost 3.0 preamp, and 32 GB of onboard storage for recording your grooves. A companion mobile app expands functionality, while hands-free control is possible via the optional wireless floor pedal. The flagship model rocks an 18-fret, 24-inch scale neck with a C shape towards the nut end that changes to a U profile from fret 12 for improved comfort, and benefits from a new truss rod system.
Lava has expanded the Me 4 family with the introduction of a smart guitar with a spruce top and laminate sides and back. This one comes in at 36 inches long only, features a similar library of effects and grooves as well as learning apps, and sports a FreeBoost 2.0 preamp, but lacks the Sharc audio chip. There’s a 5,000-mAh battery inside, and the okoume neck with 18 frets still runs from C-to-U but features a carbon reinforcement rod.
- The one-piece, injection-moulded AirSonic carbon fibre construction improves physical conductivity, resulting in a fuller tone and longer sustain
- The instrument can withstand temperatures between -20 to 90 degrees Celsius and humidity from 10% to 90%.
- FreeBoost technology uses the back of the LAVA ME guitar as a speaker
- You can play with reverb, delay and chorus effects without an amplifier
- HILAVA 2.0 with new look & feel and integrated functions (Learn App, Create App, Effects App, LiveDrums App & community sharing)
- Top: solid carbon fibre composite
- Back & sides: solid carbon fibre composite
- Neck: Carbon fibre composite
- Fingerboard: HPL
- Scale: 597 mm (23.5″)
- Nut width: 42.9 mm (1.69″)
- 18 Frets
- Pickup and Preamp: Hilava 2.0 System
- Colour: Purple
- Incl. Space gig bag