The Yamaha EMX7 provides premium sound quality in a robust yet compact package. Eight phantom-powered preamps make connecting your microphones easy, and each of the EMX7’s 12 inputs features a 3-band EQ for sound shaping. Four inputs are loaded with Yamaha’s popular 1-knob compressors for evening out dynamics and punching up your tracks. A 9-band graphic equalizer tailors your overall sound. Onboard effects add dimension to your performance or presentation. Yamaha’s feedback suppressor function stops feedback in its tracks. The Yamaha EMX7 powered mixer is packed with a dual 710 watts of efficient Class D power and is rugged enough to withstand years of stage use.
Yamaha EMX7 Powered Mixer at a Glance:
- Powerful design and incredible ease of use
- A jack-of-all-trades, and a master of them all
- Built-in 3-band EQ and 1-knob compressor for tailoring your sound
- Add dimension with 24 SPX effects
- Speaker processor and presets tailor your system to your speakers
- Feedback suppressor stops embarrassing howling
Powerful design and incredible ease of use
The Yamaha EMX7 is packed with a high-efficiency, dual 710-watt, Class D amplifier, making it powerful enough for a wide variety of applications. Its all-in-one design concept ensures that the EMX7, a set of speakers, and your microphones are all you need for a fully functioning PA system. Anyone with a basic understanding of sound reinforcement will find the EMX7 easy to set up and configure. Just plug in a single power cable, connect your speakers via TS or speakON, and you’re ready to go. The EMX7 fits easily on a tabletop, floor, or in an installation environment, and its robust, impact-resistant, powder-coated metal chassis can withstand years of abuse.
A jack-of-all-trades, and a master of them all
The Yamaha EMX7 accommodates just about everything. Plug in up to eight microphones, connect musical instruments, or patch in a portable MP3 player. The EMX7 is equipped with phantom power for your condenser mics, and a hi-Z input accepts your guitar directly without any external gear. A pair of aux sends are ideal for a monitoring system or external effects, a set of unbalanced RCA outputs are onboard for connecting to an external recorder, and a TRS jack outputs the mixed stereo signal. A Flex-type graphic EQ allows you to select up to nine bands out of a total of 31 for fine-tuning your overall sound. And because the EMX7 is powered, all you need is a set of passive speakers to complete your PA system.
Built-in 3-band EQ and 1-knob compressor for tailoring your sound
Each of the Yamaha EMX7’s 12 inputs features a 3-band EQ (high, mid, and low) for shaping your sound. Inputs 1-4 feature Yamaha’s 1-knob compressors. With a simple twist of a control, you can achieve optimal compression for your vocals and instruments – threshold, ratio, and output gain are automatically adjusted, making it incredibly simple to use.
Add dimension with 24 SPX effects
Yamaha’s SPX digital effects have been around for a long time. In fact, a lot of us here at Sweetwater still use our trusty SPX90s. The EMX7 is packed with 24 great-sounding SPX effects. Use the EMX7’s reverb and delay effects to simulate the sound of different performance environments such as concert halls and small clubs. The Echo setting imbues instruments and vocals with a professional touch, making it ideal for karaoke. You also have access to modulation and tremolo effects, as well as distortion, special effects, and pitch change.
Speaker processor and presets tailor your system to your speakers
The Yamaha EMX7 is a cinch to set up, courtesy of its speaker processor function, which selects an appropriate setting to match your speakers. It features presets tuned for each model in Yamaha’s lineup of passive speakers, including CBR, Club, A, and R series. A bass boost function brings out your low end, making the EMX7 ideal for DJ performances.
Feedback suppressor stops embarrassing howling
Nothing distracts from a performance or presentation like the unpredictable wail of unwanted feedback. With the Yamaha EMX7’s feedback suppressor function, your audience won’t be covering their ears in disgust. Feedback suppressor employs Yamaha’s state-of-the-art digital technology to eliminate feedback. And it’s easy to use. Just hit the button. Feedback will be taken down before it even starts to rear its annoying head.
Yamaha EMX7 Powered Mixer Features:
- 12-input, dual 710-watt powered mixer with efficient Class D amplifier
- 8 phantom-powered preamps make connecting your microphones simple
- Enough I/O for microphones, musical instruments (1 hi-Z input), and a portable MP3 player
- Each input features a 3-band EQ for shaping your sound
- Inputs 1-4 are equipped with 1-knob compressors for evening out dynamics and punching up your tracks
- 9-band graphic equalizer tailors your overall sound
- 24 SPX effects add dimension to your performance or presentation
- Speaker processor and presets select an appropriate setting to match your speakers
- Feedback suppressor function stops feedback in its tracks
- Universal power supply for worry-free operation worldwide
- Rugged enough to withstand stage abuse
- Rackmountable using a rackmount kit (sold separately)